Arthur Greenslade visited Australia for the first time <eleven years ago> as Musical Director for Rod McKuen. He immediately fell in love with the people and the country – so much so that he persuaded his daughter and her husband to make Australia their home.
Until now due to heavy world-wide commitments working as arranger conductor with stars such as Shirley Bassey and Engelbert Humperdinck, Arthur has been unable to fulfil his ambition to live here.
Although he still has a close musical association with Shirley, the fact that she has semi-retired from touring enables him to make Australia his home.
ARTHUR GREENSLADE’S WIDE RANGE OF ACHIEVEMENTS ARE RECOGNISED THROUGHOUT THE WORLD.
- In the popular music field Arthur has arranged, conducted or accompanied other artists such as Tom Jones, Diana Ross, Johnny Mathis, The Rolling Stone, Bing Crosby, Abba, Val Doonican, Dionne Warwick and film stars Rock Hudson, Bill Crosby and Brigitte Bardot.
- Musical Director of Television Shows, Shirley Bassey Series (B.B.C), Englebert Humperdinck Series (A.T.V), Jack Jones Series, Hollywood Variety Show (N.B.C), U.S.A Miss World Beauty Pageants and many more.
- Arranged and conducted such movie scores as “The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie”, the Walt Disney film “Scandalous John” and others for 20th Century Fox.
- Television commercials include Benson & Hedges, British Milk Board, etc.
- Conducted four Royal Command Performances.
- Conducted the London Philharmonic Orchestra at the Royal Albert Hall and, in the United States conducted orchestras at Carnegie Hall and the Hollywood Bowl.